This easy buttercream icing recipe is perfect to use as the topping for our cupcake recipe.
Creamy and sweet – a perfect pairing!
PREP TIME 30 minutes
SERVES 24 cupcakes / 1 large cake worth
- 150g OGGS® Aquafaba
- 225g caster sugar
- 300g Flora margarine
- 100g icing sugar – sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the OGGS® Aquafaba and caster sugar. Heat very gently over a baine-marie until the caster sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk for 10 minutes on a medium speed until you have a thick and glossy meringue mixture.
- Cut the margarine into small cubes and slowly add to the whisking meringue mixture. It may start to split, but this is normal. Now add the icing sugar a spoonful at a time and then vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- You should now have a glossy icing mixture perfect for topping any cake or cupcake with!
- To jazz it up, add a couple of drops of vegan food colouring into the mixture, when you add the vanilla extract.