A vegan creme patissiere? What a world we live in! We’ve used Scrambled OGGS® to create this beauty, ready to fill pastries and make the most beautiful plant-based desserts.
PREP TIME 15 mins
- 40ml Scrambled OGGS®
- 35ml cornflour
- 120g caster sugar
- 500ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla seed paste
- 80g margarine / plant-based butter
- In a pan pour the plant-based milk with your vanilla and set it on medium heat. Make sure you stir often with a whisk as milk tends to burn on the bottom of the pan.
- While it heats up combine the cornflour, Scrambled OGGS® and caster sugar in a mixing bowl, make sure no cornflour is left on the sides of the bowl.
- When the milk comes to boil, turn down the heat and pour a tiny bit of it into the Scrambled OGGS mixture, mix well then pour back into the pan and mix until it thickens bubbles come up. Mix for another 2 mins.
- Take off the heat and add the margarine to it and combine, then pour the creme patissiere in a container and cover it with cling film to contact.
- Let it rest for an hour before use.