- 150ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 200g plain flour
- 200ml your favourite larger
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings.
- 150ml vegetable oil for frying
- 50ml OGGS Aquafaba
- ½ tbs white wine vinegar
- 200ml Rape Seed oil
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Start by whisking your OGGS Aquafaba on a high speed, ‘til it reaches stiff peaks. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients
- Add the beer to the dry ingredients and mix until you have a thickish batter.
- Gently fold in the OGGS Aquafaba- don’t worry if the Aquafaba deflates, the proteins will still be activated, and prevent the onion rings from getting too greasy.
- Add the sliced onion into the batter and mix well so each ring is fully coated.
- Heat your oil, ‘til it starts to simmer. You can do a tester ring to check if the oil is hot enough. It should sizzle straight away and float to the top!
- Cook each onion ring for 3-4 minutes, until it’s crisp and brown. Carefully remove from the hot oil and place over kitchen roll to mop up any excess oil. Using a hand blender, whisk up the OGGS Aquafaba in a measuring jug, until it’s pale, thick and frothy.
- Add the white wine vinegar and the sugar and blend again for another 30 seconds.
- Over the next couple of minutes, pour in the oil, very slowly (a stream the width of a piece of spaghetti) and continue blending whilst pulsing the emulsifier up and down.
- Season with salt and pepper and garlic.