These delightful light and fluffy vanilla cupcakes more a perfect treat with a cup of tea! Decorate however you please with a simple butter cream or the traditional school sprinkles and icing!
For the cupcakes
- 65ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 115ml barista oat milk
- ½ tsp (3g) apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 45g dairy free butter – we love Naturli Vegan Block
- 40g coconut oil, melted
- 125g caster sugar
- 120g self-raising flour
- 30g plain flour
- ½ tsp (3g) baking powder
For the icing
- 200g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Your favourite sprinkles!
- Preheat the oven to 170°C Fan (190°C / Gas 5). Prepare a cupcake tin with 12 cupcakes cases.
- In a small bowl mix together the milk with the apple cider vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile weigh out the rest of the ingredients into separate bowls.
- In a medium sized, scrupulously clean bowl, use an electric whisk to beat the OGGS® Aquafaba for 2 mins until it is white, fluffy and firmly holding its shape. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the dairy-free butter, the caster sugar and the vanilla extract together until pale and fluffy, then gradually add the coconut oil and beat until incorporated.
- Add the whisked OGGS® Aquafaba and mix together.
- Add half of the flour, the baking powder and the salt, and mix for 5 seconds. Then add half of the milk and vinegar mix and whisk together. Repeat the previous step to add the remaining flour and milk mix. Beat until evenly combined and have a smooth, light batter.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the cases and bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Cool in the tin for 5 mins and then remove to fully cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing measure the icing sugar into a bowl and add the water a teaspoon at a time until you have a thick, spreadable consistency. Spoon onto the fairy cakes and then add your sprinkles!