- 100g caster sugar
- 100g margarine
- 100ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 120g self-raising flower
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g (8 oz) sifted icing sugar
- 2-3tbsp warm water
1. Preheat the heat the oven to 180C fan, 160C fan, gas 4 and line your cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
2. In a totally clean bowl, use an electric whisk to whisk up your OGGS Aquafaba ‘til it reaches stiff peaks and doesn’t shift in the bowl…at all. (You can even try tip it on your head when you think it’s done!) Set aside in a separate bowl.
3. Using your dirty bowl and electric whisk, cream together the margarine and caster sugar until it’s thick and creamy. Next fold in the foamy Aquafaba, alongside the self-raising flower and baking powder. Don’t over stir it or your cakes won’t be lovely and fluffy.
4. Spoon out your mixture into each case, so they’re ¾ of the way full!
5. Bake for 15 minutes, on a middle shelf. Make sure you have an adult to help you take them out of the oven, once they’ve booked and leave to cool.
6. In a separate bowl, slowly add the warm water, until you’re happy with your icings thickness! Spoon on top of your cooled cakes and shake some sprinkles over!
– There’s no egg in this recipe, so you can lick the bowl!