With only a few other ingredients, we’ve made the creamiest and easiest vegan mayonnaise out of OGGS® Aquafaba, our plant-based egg alternative.
- 50ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 200ml vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper (to your taste)
- Using a hand blender or whisk, whisk up your OGGS® Aquafaba in a measuring jug, until it’s pale, thick and frothy. This should take 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine vinegar and the sugar and whisk again to combine everything fully.
- Over the next couple of minutes, pour in the oil, very slowly (a stream the width of a piece of spaghetti) and continue whisking. Don’t stop!
- By the time the oil has all been used up, the mayonnaise should have thickened up completely and have a slight wobble. It’ll be lovely and smooth and glossy, so season with salt and pepper, and have a little taste to check it’s just how you like it.
- Much like normal mayonnaise, this can stay in the fridge for ages if sealed in an airtight container or jar!
- If you like mustard mayo, add 1 tbsp English mustard. Or if you fancy making garlic aioli, add 1 tbsp garlic powder. YUM!
- Serve with just about anything…