With only a few other ingredients, we’ve made the creamiest and easiest mayonnaise out of our Aquafaba, so no one has to miss out on one of life’s great staples…
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME -
SERVES One Jam Jar
- 50ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 200ml vegetable oil
- salt and pepper (to your taste)
- Using a hand blender, whisk up your OGGS’ aquafaba in a measuring jug, until it’s pale, thick and frothy. This should take 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine vinegar and the sugar and whisk again to combine everything fully.
- Over the next couple of minutes, pour in the oil, very slowly (a stream the width of a piece of spaghetti) and continue whisking. Don’t stop!
- By the time the oil has all been used up, the mayonnaise should have thickened up completely and have a slight wobble. It’ll be lovely and smooth and glossy, so season with salt and pepper, and have a little taste to check it’s just how you like it.
- Much like normal mayonnaise, this can stay in the fridge for ages if sealed in an airtight container or jar.
- If you like mustard mayo, add 1 tbsp English mustard. Or if you fancy making garlic aioli, add 1 tbsp garlic powder. YUM!
- Serve with just about anything…