How’s this for a Plant-based Platinum Pudding? This Jubilee treat is absolutely perfect for impressing the non-vegans at the big street party. In fact, we’d say it’s fit for a queen!
- 4 OGGS Victoria Sponge Cakes, quartered
- 1 stick rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 100ml water
- 150ml Coconut Collab custard
- 150ml Oatly whipped cream
- Start with stewing your rhubarb over a low heat. Add the rhubarb, sugar and water to a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes until the colour has popped and the fruit has softened completely. Leave to cool for the colour to intensify even more.
- Whip up the Oatly whipped cream with an electric whisk until it’s formed stiff peaks.
- Spoon over a layer of rhubarb stew into the bottom of a trifle glass- it will be quite sharp so a little will go a long way. Pop 3 quartered cake pieces on top and then drizzle some custard over. Finish with a large spoonful of whipped cream for the classic look, with an elegant twist. Do the same or mix up the order of ingredients amongst the 5 glasses, until all the ingredients have been used up!
- Serve immediately - why would you wait!
If you want to make this in advance, simply prepare everything apart from cutting the cakes and leave in the fridge. This will make sure they stay lovely and moist. Once you’re ready to serve, quarter the Victoria sponges and build the trifles as you please with your prepared components.