- 180ml olive oil
- 450ml dairy free milk
- 300ml boiling water
- 500g caster sugar
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 450g plain flour
- 160g cacao powder
- 200g OGGS Aquafaba
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 200g icing sugar-sifted
- 80g cacao powder
- 400g dark chocolate
- 120g boiling water
- 150g dark chocolate
- 100g toasted hazelnuts
- Gold sparkles
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4.
2. Line 3 different sized baking tins with parchment paper– 8in/6in/4in.
3. Sift the flour, cacao powder and baking powder together.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the olive oil, dairy free milk and vanilla extract.
5. In a clean bowl start to whisk the OGGS Aquafaba with a splash of lemon juice until nice and fluffy/soft peaks form. Slowly start to add the two sugars until you have a thick glossy mixture.
6. Combine all the ingredients, folding gently, until smooth and glossy.
7. Divide the mixture between the three baking tins and bake in the oven for 80 minutes for the large tin, 60 minutes for the medium tin and 40 minutes for the small tin.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
9. Once cooled remove the baking paper carefully and level off the top of each sponge to create a nice flat surface.
1. Sift the cacao powder and icing sugar together and whisk in the boiling water.
2. Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie and whisk into the cacao mixture.
3. Slowly pour onto each cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides. Pour very slowly.
4. Chill each cake in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. When ready gently mount the cake. Largest, medium and small cake.
1. Roughly chop up the toasted hazelnuts.
2. Melt the dark chocolate over a bain-marie. Prepare a large flat baking sheet with baking paper. Pour the chocolate onto the baking sheet and chill.
3. Crack the sheet into large shards. Sprinkle with gold dust.
4. Press each shard into the top of the cake, be careful here.
5. Scatter the chopped hazelnuts on each cake layer. Sprinkle with more gold dust.