Light, fluffy and zesty lemon drizzle cake. It always goes down well. The perfect balance of sweet and sour, we’re confident this OGGS® Aquafaba recipe won’t disappoint the lemon lovers amongst us.
- 170ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 240g caster sugar
- 220g vegetable oil
- 170ml soy milk
- 450g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C Fan (180°C / Gas 4).
- Combine the oil, sugar, milk and OGGS® Aquafaba.
- Add your flour, baking powder, bicarbonate and lemon zest then give everything a good mix!
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- For the glaze, mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour all over your beautiful cooled cake, then enjoy!
- You’ll be able to tell if your cakes are fully cooked, if they spring back when you gently press their tops. However, if you’re not fully confident with this method, simply use the knife/tooth pick trick. If they come out clean after being placed in the centre of the cake, whack them out.