Fan of cake? Fan of Guinness? This is the recipe for you! And who would have thought that Guinness and chocolate were such a match made in heaven?
- 100ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 110g margarine
- 50g cocoa powder
- 300ml Guinness
- 100g dark chocolate
- 220g caster sugar
- 160g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp instant coffee
- 300g plant-based cream cheese
- 200g icing sugar
- 1tsp plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (160 if using a fan oven)/ gas mark 4
- In a microwave or over a bain-marie, melt the butter and chocolate until it’s completely smooth. Once cool add the Guinness, coffee and vanilla essence. It might look a little separated at this point but panic not… it' come together once all the ingredients have been added.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the OGGS Aquafaba for two minutes ‘til it reaches soft peaks. Combine the sugar and continue whisking on a high speed until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Combine all the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until its completely smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture with a spatula or metal spoon.
- Transfer into cupcake cases.
- Pop into the oven for 25 minutes until the cakes have risen and are firm to touch.
- While your cake is in the oven, whip up your icing by combining all the ingredients in a clean bowl, and beating with an electric whisk until it’s well mixed.
- Pipe on top with a piping bag and a 5mm nozzle. Finish with a little grating of any extra chocolate you have left over!
- Wait until your cake has cooled down fully before you start icing it… otherwise it will melt off!