Our new best friend Niki Webster, plant-based chef and cookbook author (@rebelrecipes) – whipped up this beautiful lunchtime treat. Spicy Scrambled OGGS anyone?
- 125ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 190g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 75ml oat milk
- Plant-based butter for cooking
- 1 Lemon
- 200g Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 bottle Scrambled OGGS
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 courgette, chopped finely
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp rose harissa
- Pinch chilli flakes
- For the pancakes, combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then whisk up the OGGS® Aquafaba in a clean bowl for 30 seconds until it’s pale and frothy and then add the oil, lemon juice and milk.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, little by little, until you’ve made a smooth thick batter. Rest the pancake batter in the fridge for 30 minutes...sorry!
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of plant-base butter. Once melted, add a small ladleful of batter into the frying pan and smooth into a rough round with the back of the ladle (makes 6).
- Wait until the base of the mixture sets and the top begins to bubble, then flip it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- To roast the tomatoes, add the tomatoes, oil, salt and pepper to a baking tray and bake for approx 25 minutes until soft and browning at the edges.
- For the spicy Scramble, in a frying pan, add the oil and onion. Fry for approx 8 minutes then add the garlic, courgette and spices. Fry for a further 3-4 minutes then add the rose harissa and season well.
- Cook Scrambled OGGS in the Pan:
• Pre-heat a non-stick pan on medium heat
• Pour in the Scrambled OGGS and simmer for 10 seconds, then stir gently to scramble
• Add a pinch of salt and pepper
• Cook for at least three minutes (even if it looks cooked before) stirring gently every 15-20 seconds
• Taste to see if there is a bite. If a little pasty, keep cooking
• Keep stirring gently until cooked through
- Now add the Scrambled OGGS to the onion mix and stir to combine.
- To serve, top the pancakes with the spiced Scrambled OGGS and roast tomatoes - and enjoy!