This simple and speedy vegan French Toast recipe is a classic way to use OGGS® Aquafaba to make a yummy breakfast.
COOK TIME 30 Mins
- 1 loaf thick cut bread (about 12 slices)
- 180ml or 3/4 cup OGGS® Aquafaba
- 120ml or 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (we like almond the best!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg (if that’s your thing)
- pinch turmeric (gives a lovely golden colour)
- a little oil for frying
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the OGGS® Aquafaba until good and frothy, about half a minute.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan to a medium heat.
- Dip bread slices one at a time into mixture, coating both sides fully. Once coated, place in preheated pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve immediately! Best with icing sugar, lots of syrup, and a side of fresh fruit.
- Keep your French Toast toasty while you finish cooking by popping the finished toast into the oven at 200° (180° gas) on a baking tray.
- Chuck your chosen fruit in the pan for a minute or two once your toast is ready to soften and warm slightly.