Left over crepe batter after pancake day? Dare we say it…but bored of pancakes? We’ve got you. Throw in a couple of other ingredients, and you’ll have a totally different dish on your hands. Oh, and paired up with the world’s easiest and most delicious chilli jam!
- 1 jar of Sweet piquanté peppers
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 can of sweetcorn drained
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized courgette, grated
- 50ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 40ml dairy free milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 50g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Empty the piquanté peppers and their juices into a small saucepan, add the caster sugar and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once they’re lovely and soft, using a hand blender, whizz it all up! We said it was easy...
- In a small bowl, combine the spring onion, grated courgette and drained sweetcorn. Leave to one side.
- In a separate large bowl, give your Aquafaba a gentle whisk ‘til it starts to form bubbles and gets lighter in colour. Add the milk, paprika, turmeric, plain flour and baking powder and continue to mix until you have a silky smooth – pancake like batter!
- Add your vegetables into the batter and give a good old stir.
- Over a medium heat, heat a frying pan with a dash of oil. With a small ladle, or even a tablespoon, spoon out your batter directly into the pan. After a minute, you should be able to see the edges start to brown. At this point, flip over the fritter and cook the other side.
- Serve with the chilli jam and a handful of rocket!