- 150ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g coconut yoghurt- we love Coconut Collab!
- 1 ripe mango, sliced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 passion fruit
- 25g flaked almonds
- Make sure all the equipment and utensils you’re using are super clean and completely oil free. Even the smallest bit of grease can turn your perfect peaks into a sticky mess.
- Preheat oven to 100°C Fan (110°C / Gas ¼). and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Start whisking your OGGS® Aquafaba, starting on a medium speed (so you don’t risk getting showered in Aquafaba!) and whisk until soft peaks form - this'll take 3-4 mins.
- Add the cream of tartar and whisk on the highest speed until stiff peaks form.
- One tablespoon at a time, slowly add the sugar and continue mixing, until all the sugar is gone. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times to ensure getting all the sugar into the mix. The mixture should be so stiff, it doesn’t shift at all.
- Divide the meringue mixture into 4 portions and dollop onto the prepared baking trays. Roughly shape with the back of a spoon into round circles. Pop them into the oven for 2 hours. Resist opening the oven so the heat stays consistent!
- After the 2 hours is up, turn off the oven and leave the meringues in there to dry for at least another hour.
- Before you start decorating your cooled down meringues, fry off the almonds in a dry pan. Keep an eye on them, as they quickly burn and need to be stirred continuously.
- Once they’re done, it’s time to decorate! Spoon out your coconut yoghurt of choice into the middle of the nests and drape your fruit on top! We think lime zest is great on top too, for extra freshness.