Made with dark brown soft sugar and a spoonful of treacle, these gorgeous sticky puddings have the unmistakeable toffee flavour and are lovely and light. Did we mention they’re vegan – made with OGGS® Aquafaba? What a treat!
- 100ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 70g vegan butter, plus extra to grease (we like Naturli!)
- 100g pitted dates, chopped
- 100ml water
- 75g dark brown soft sugar
- 30g treacle
- 130g plain flour
- ¾ tsp (4g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (2g) bicarbonate of soda
For the Sauce
- 50g dark brown soft sugar
- 100ml plant double cream
- Grease and add circles of greased baking parchment to the bottom of four 150ml pudding basins. Preheat the oven to 160°C Fan (180°C / Gas 4).
- Put the dates into a pan with the water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-5 minutes on a low heat to soften the dates. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the OGGS® Aquafaba in a separate bowl until thick and foamy and doubled in size, then set aside.
- Beat the butter, dark brown soft sugar and treacle together in a bowl until the mixture is very soft and creamy. Fold in the flour and baking powder and beat again to make a thick paste.
- Whiz the dates and any liquid in a small processor until smooth to make a purée.
- Fold the date purée and bicarbonate of soda into the flour mixture, followed by the whisked OGGS® Aquafaba then quickly divide the mixture between the pudding basins. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the puddings have risen and a cocktail stick, inserted into the centre, comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Once the puddings are out of the oven, put the sugar and plant cream into a small pan and heat gently to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly. Pour into a jug.
- Carefully loosen the edge of the puddings then upturn each onto small plates. Take off and discard the parchment paper and serve the puddings with the sauce.