Whether you’re gathering round a campfire or warming your s’more under the grill in true English weather style, these are a treat for everyone to enjoy! You don’t have to wait ’til bonfire night to enjoy these bite-size treats.
- 50ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 30g golden syrup
- 100g granulated sugar
- 185ml water
- 7g vege-gel
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 bags Olly’s salted original pretzels
- 30g walnuts, crushed
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk up your Aquafaba until it forms stiff peaks. Add the cream of tartar after a couple of minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the golden syrup, granulated sugar and half of the water. Slowly bring this mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Whilst you’re waiting for the sugar mixture to heat up, combine the vege-gel and the remaining water in a small bowl and stir until it’s thick and gloopy.
- Once the sugar mixture begins to bubble, remove it from the heat and pour the vege-gel mixture into it. Keep stirring and place back on a high heat for a minute.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and slowly pour it into your Aquafaba. Whisk together, and once it’s all combined, continue whisking a slow speed for roughly 20 seconds. It should be lovely and thick still!
- Very quickly, pour this marshmallow mixture evenly onto the lined baking tray, making sure it’s smooth all over. A spatula is good for this… Leave for 1 hour.
- Once this hour is done and your marshmallow mixture has solidified, combine the cornflour and icing sugar and sprinkle half over a work surface. Transfer the marshmallow and cut it into squares, making sure each is dusted in the sugary cornflour. Leaveor at least 6 hours (sorry!)
- Once you’re happy with your marshmallow consistency, start heating up the chocolate over a bain-marie.
- Sandwich the marshmallow between two pretzels and place under the grill for 2-3 minutes, at 180°C. Dunk the s’more into your melted chocolate. Place onto baking paper to cool and sprinkle some walnuts over whilst the chocolate is still warm. Enjoy!
- The longer you leave the marshmallow, the better it will be!