Another beautiful recipe from Niki Webster, plant-based chef and cookbook author (@rebelrecipes). We can’t speak for all your lunch guests – but homemade pesto would definitely impress us!
- 20g Fresh basil
- 200g pistachios
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 75ml water
- 1 bottle Scrambled OGGS
- 4 tbsp plant-based cream cheese
- 2 bagels, toasted
- To make the pesto - whack all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz to combine. Easy peasy eh?!
- Recommended – Cook Scrambled OGGS in the Microwave (800/900w)
• Pour the Scrambled OGGS into a microwaveable container
• Add pinch of salt and pinch of pepper and stir
• Cook uncovered for 50 seconds
• Scramble vigorously with a fork
• Place back in the microwave and cook again for 50 seconds
• Scramble again!
• If they still look a little runny, pop back in for 10 seconds and scramble again
• Repeat until cooked through
- Or – Cook Scrambled OGGS in the Pan:
• Pre-heat a non-stick pan on medium heat
• Pour in the Scrambled OGGS and then scramble every 5-10 seconds
• Add a pinch of salt and pepper
• Cook for at least three minutes (even if it looks cooked before) stirring gently every so often
• Taste to see if there is a bite. If a little pasty, keep cooking
• Keep stirring gently until cooked through
- To serve, spread the plant-based cream cheese over a toasted bagel, then top with pesto. Load up with Scrambled OGGS and dollop a little more pesto on top. Beautiful!