The salad’s up to you, but we’ve got your dressing covered. It’s hard to believe that this creamy dressing is vegan. This is our take on the classic ‘ranch’ dressing… but feel free to spruce it up however you like.
- 50ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-3 sprigs parsley, minced
- 2-3 sprigs basil, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100ml sunflower oil
- If you have a Mason jar that is big enough to fit an emulsifier in, we suggest whizzing it up in that. If not, any small but tall container should do the job.
- Start by pouring the OGGS Aquafaba into the jar, and pop the emulsifier in. Blend for 30 seconds, pulsing the blade up and down ‘til it’s lovely and frothy. Add the rest of the ingredients, other than the oil, and continue to blend for another minute. The mixture should be pale, frothy and peppered with herb by this point.
- Over the next few minutes, you’ll need to continue blending, whilst pouring in oil ever so slowly. We suggest pouring at the width of a piece of spaghetti until it’s all used up. By this point, it should be lovely and creamy, without being too thick.
- Make sure it’s seasoned to your taste.
- Pour over a glorious salad!
- Keep in the fridge and remember to give a shake before you use it.
- Dry herbs work well too!