A twist on a favourite afternoon tea classic. We love these yummy, scrummy scones!
PREP TIME 10 min
COOK TIME 25 min
SERVES 12 Scones
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 120ml almond milk (plus 2 tbsp)
- 380g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 160ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 75g vegetable spread (chilled)
- 200g dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp mixed spices
- TOP TIP…if you’ve got a sweet tooth, add in 3 tablespoons of sugar and half a teaspoon of vanilla extract!
- Preheat oven to 220°.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar into the almond milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir the OGGS® Aquafaba into the milk mixture, set aside.
- Add the vegetable spread into the flour and use tips of fingers to mix together. Mix until the vegetable spread and flour have formed uneven sized pebbles.
- Mix in the cranberries, orange zest and mixed spices. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir together with a spatula.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly flour the tray. Divide the mixture onto the tray into your preferred shape.
- Brush the tops of the mixture with the 2 remaining tablespoons of almond milk.
- Bake the scones for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
- Serve with a large dollop of your favourite dairy-free cream and some jam. Yum, yum, yum!