We love these Tartlets made with Scrambled OGGS – perfect for a fancy lunch with friends or a picnic!
- 240ml Scrambled OGGS
- 2 sheets or 1 block Plant-based shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 70g broccolini, finely chopped
- 360ml vegetable stock
- 100g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 80g plant-based smoked cheddar (or your favorite plant-based cheese alternative)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the shortcrust pastry from the fridge and allow it to warm up to room temperature, approximately 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6. Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- If using a block of pastry; roll the pastry out thinly on a lightly floured surface.
- Use the pastry to line six 12.5 cm wide flan tins. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Line the pastry case with a sheet of crumpled baking paper and fill with ceramic baking beans.
- Place on the hot baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the lining paper and beans and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly golden. Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C (170°C fan oven) Gas Mark 5. Set aside.
- In a medium size frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion to the frying pan. Gently cook until translucent, stirring frequently 4 - 6 minutes. Add the broccolini. Cook for a further three minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the rest of the ingredients including the Scrambled OGGS. Whisk the ingredients together until no lumps remain.
- Gently pour the mixture into the tartlet cases. Place in the oven and bake at 190°C for around 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and serve.