Get ready for picnic season, or party season, or basically any season at all with this beautiful vegan quiche. We’ve used Scrambled OGGS alongside all your favourite fillings to create this absolute stunner that’s sure to impress!
- 200ml Scrambled OGGS
- 500g plant-based shortcrust pastry block
- 150ml plant-based milk alternative
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 150g plant-based lardons
- 100g grated plant-based cheese alternative
- Side salad, to serve
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 180°C Fan (200°C / Gas 6).
- Roll the pastry to the thickness of 3mm and line a 23 x 2.5cm loose-bottomed, fluted tart tin.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium pan and cook the onion over a low heat without browning until soft, approx 5-10 mins. Add the lardons and continue to cook for 5 mins, until crisp and starting to colour.
- Scatter the onion and lardons over the pastry case along with half the cheese alternative.
- Whisk together the Scrambled OGGS and milk alternative in a large jug and season with salt, parsley and pepper.
- Pour into the pastry case and top with the remaining cheese alternative.
- Bake for 40-50 mins until the quiche has completely set and the top is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly, then slice and serve with a side salad!