This creamy confection is our take on a traditional eggnog. We’ve used a clever technique of simmering the almond milk first with a little sugar to reduce it, which produces a lovely creamy taste. The booze comes courtesy of one of our favourite Christmas tipples – Amaretto – but you can use any nut-based liqueur you can find. Cheers!
- 250ml almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 50-75ml Amaretto or another nut-flavoured liqueur
- 50ml OGGS Aquafaba
- A pinch of ground cinnamon or ground ginger
- Pour the almond milk and 1 tbsp sugar into a small pan. Bring to the boil and give it a good stir to make sure the sugar dissolves, then turn the heat right down low and simmer for 5 minutes. It’ll reduce and become slightly creamier during this time.
- Pour in the Amaretto or other liqueur that you’re using. Set aside to cool until the liquid is just warm – you’ll need to wait around 10 minutes.
- Pour the Aquafaba into a bowl and whisk for about 2-3 minutes until it looks thick and frothy and there’s a ribbon-like trail when the whisk’s lifted. Using a balloon whisk here makes this a great upper-arm workout! Whisk in the remaining 11/2 tbsp sugar.
- Divide the warm almond mixture between two glasses, top with the whisked and sweetened Aquafaba and sprinkle a pinch of ground spice on top of each. Sip to your heart’s content.