We’ve teamed up with our good friends at Nush to bring this show stopper. A completely plant based Pavlova with layers of Nush cream cheese and raspberry yoghurt
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 2 hours, 2 extra hours cooling time
SERVES Makes 2 large nests
- 100ml of OGGS® Aquafaba
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g Nush Almond cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- Your favourite fruit
- Sprig of mint
- 3 tbsp Nush Raspberry yoghurt
- Make sure all the equipment and utensils you’re using are super clean and completely oil free. Even the smallest bit of grease can turn your perfect peaks into a sticky mess.
- Preheat oven to 100°C/ gas mark 1.5 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. If you’re making larger nests, you may want to use separate trays.
- With an electric whisk, whisk your OGGS® Aquafaba, starting on a medium speed and gradually building your speed up (so you don’t risk getting showered in aquafaba!) Beat for 2 minutes until medium peaks form.
- Add the cream of tartar and beat with the mixer on the highest speed until stiff peaks form.
- One tablespoon at a time, slowly add the sugar and continue mixing, until all the sugar is gone. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times to make sure you get all the sugar into the mix. The mixture should be so stiff that it doesn’t shift at all.
- Transfer the meringue onto the prepared baking trays, and with a spoon, make little nest dents into the middle. Pop your nests in the oven for 2 hours. Resist opening the oven, so the heat stays consistent.
- After the 2 hours is up, turn the oven off and leave the meringues in there to dry for at least another 2 hours. You know they’re done when they are completely dry and peel off the baking paper easily.
- Just before the cooling time is done, beat the icing sugar into the Nush Almond cream cheese, with an electric whisk. This will be the most epic sweet and nutty filling.
- Now for the tricky part… assembling. We love sandwiching the two meringues together with the Almond cream cheese, and then popping some extra on top. Finish with fruit of your choice, mint, and drizzle over the raspberry yoghurt!
- If you don’t have cream of tartar, you can also use 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar or 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- If you’re feeling messy, give it a little squash and stir… and you’ve got the perfect Eton Mess!