Are people coming over for dinner? Need something easy to whip up that will be a guaranteed crowd favourite? Look no further…
- 100ml of OGGS Aquafaba
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- Make sure all the equipment and utensils you’re using are super clean and completely oil free. Even the smallest bit of grease can turn your perfect peaks into a sticky mess.
- Preheat oven to 100°c/ gas mark 1.5 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. If you’re making larger nests, you may want to use separate trays.
- With an electric whisk, whisk your OGGS Aquafaba starting on a medium speed and gradually build your speed up (so you don’t risk getting showered in aquafaba!) Beat for 2 minutes until medium peaks form.
- Add the cream of tartar and beat with the mixer on the highest speed until stiff peaks form.
- One tablespoon at a time, slowly add the sugar and continue mixing, until all the sugar is gone. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times to ensure getting all the sugar into the mix. The mixture should be so stiff, it doesn’t shift at all.
- Transfer the meringue onto the prepared baking trays and pop in the oven for 2 hours. Resist opening the oven, so the heat stays consistent.
- After the 2 hours is up, turn off the oven and leave the meringues in there to dry for at least another 2 hours. You know they’re done when they are completely dry and peel off the baking paper easily.
- Use your favourite plant-based yoghurt to sandwich your pavlova bases together and top with delicious seasonal fruits.
- If you don’t have cream of tartar, you can also use 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar or 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- If you’re feeling messy, give it a little squash and stir…and you’ve got the perfect Eton Mess!