Lemon curd is a classic cupboard staple. Whether you like it on toast, tossed through ice-cream or in a lemon meringue pie, look no further… this zesty recipe is the one.
- 100ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 2tbs cornflour
- Zest of two unwaxed lemons
- 150g caster sugar
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 2tbs dairy-free milk
- 3tbs margarine
- Start by zesting the outside of two lemons, finely. Once you’ve gathered all the zest, pop into a saucepan alongside the cornflour on a very low heat.
- Whisk up the OGGS Aquafaba using a fork for 30 seconds, in a cup/measuring jug and add it to the saucepan. To smooth out all the lumps and bumps, give it a gentle stir with a hand whisk.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar and bring to a medium heat. Continuously stir the zesty mixture until all the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat ever so slightly at this point and keep stirring until it reaches a super thick consistency. This will take between 7-10 minutes of constant stirring, so keep a close eye on it.
- Once you’ve reached this thickness, add the margarine and dairy-free milk to give it a glossy and rich finish.
- Transfer into an old glass jar- jam jars work perfectly! Be sure to sterilise it, beforehand! Once the jar has cooled down, pop your curd into the fridge for 1-2 hours, so it can set properly!
- If you like a smoother curd, only use the zest of one lemon.