For the Middle
- 150g Your favourite orange jam
For the Sponge
- 100ml OGGS Aquafaba
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g self-raising flour
For the Topping
- 200g dark chocolate
- Start by smoothing out your marmalade over a sheet of baking paper so it’s roughly the thickness of a one-pound coin. Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour
- Using an electric whisk, whisk your OGGS Aquafaba on a high speed until it’s reached stiff peaks and no longer shifts in the bowl.
- Spoonful at a time, add the caster sugar and continue whisking until the mixture is glossy.
- Combine the flour to the Aquafaba mixture and gently fold with a spatula.
- Lightly grease the bottoms of a muffin tray and put a tablespoon of mixture into each hole.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate, either in the microwave or over a bain-marie and leave to cool.
- Time to assemble! Using a small cookie cutter, or a shot glass, cut out the orange marmalade filling and place it on top of the mini cake bite. With a teaspoon, drizzle over the cooled dark chocolate and leave to cool.
1. Before the chocolate has cooled fully over the cake, use fork tines to make the traditional criss-cross jaffa cake pattern!