This French Toast Bake is the ULTIMATE treat. Made with a Scrambled OGGS custard and topped with a beautiful pecan crumb!
- 470ml Scrambled OGGS
- 470 ml plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 50g granulated sugar (+ more to caramelize bananas)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 65g pecans, chopped
- 65g plain flour
- 110g brown sugar
- 115g cup plant-based butter
- 1 ripe banana
- Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Add the custard ingredients to a medium bowl. Whisk or use a high speed blender to mix together until no lumps remain. Set aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Using a serrated knife cut the bread into 1 inch thick slices. Once complete, cut the bread down into one inch squares. Set aside.
- Add the cubed bread to an oiled 7x11-inch baking dish. Evenly pour the custard over the bread and set aside for a further 15 minutes.
- Prep the pecan topping while the bread soaks. Mix the sugar and flour together in a medium bowl. Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut in the butter, then mix in the chopped pecans.
- Top the bread and custard mixture with the pecan topping. Place the dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut the banana into around ten 1cm thick pieces. Place the banana pieces onto a sheet tray and liberally dust with granulated sugar. With a blowtorch caramelise the bananas.
- When the French toast bake has finished cooking, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- Top with bananas, maple syrup and anything else you would like to add. enjoy !