A luxury Crème brûlée – made with Scrambled OGGS? You’d better believe it – let’s get cooking!
- 240ml Scrambled OGGS
- 240ml plant-based milk (we love oat!)
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp cornflour
- 240ml plant-based single cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g plant-based butter
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- Make the Creme Brulee filling. In a small bowl whisk together the non-dairy milk and cornflour to make a slurry. Set aside.
- Add the plant-based single cream, Scrambled OGGS, sugar, vanilla bean paste, turmeric and salt to a medium saucepan and gently heat over a medium, low flame 3-4 minutes. Stir continuously.
- When the mixture is warm, slowly add the plant-based milk and cornstarch slurry. Turn the temperature up to medium heat and continue to gently whisk, 5-6 minutes. The mixture should thicken substantially and resemble the texture and consistency of custard. When you have reached the desired consistency, remove from heat and add in the butter. Stir well to incorporate.
- Gently pour the custard mixture into your ramekins. Gently tap the ramekin on a table to release any air trapped bubbles. Allow to cool slightly.
- When cool, wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- When completely set, remove from the fridge and discard cling film. Sprinkle the surface of each Creme Brulee with one tablespoon of sugar. With a blowtorch caramelise the sugar until browned to your desired colour.
- Top with your favourite berries and garnishes!