Dark chocolate, walnuts and oats. Talk about a winning combination! Of course we’ve used OGGS® Aquafaba instead of eggs to make this one totally plant-based!
- 50ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 175g margarine
- 200g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g spelt flour
- 175g oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate chunks
- 50g crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160°C Fan (180°C / Gas 4) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- With an electric whisk, cream together the sugar, vanilla essence and margarine until it’s light and fluffy.
- Combine the OGGS® Aquafaba and spelt flour, oats and baking powder and continue whisking on a medium speed. Gently fold in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Roll the mixture into golf ball sized mounds and place them on the baking tray. Press your fingers on them slightly to flatten them down.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes and leave to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days They will begin to get soft, so we suggest eating them quickly!
- Feel free to swap out the chocolate for raisins or any other dried fruit that takes your fancy!