- 120ml OGGS® Aquafaba
- 300g strong bread flour
- 200g plain flour
- 10g fast action / instant yeast
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla seed paste
- 200g cubed vegan butter
For the Milk Wash
- 2 tbsp OGGS® Aquafaba
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the bread flour and plain flour in a mixer with a dough hook.
- Add the yeast to one side of the bowl and the salt and sugar to the other and mix to combine.
- Add the OGGS® Aquafaba, milk and vanilla extract and stir to form a rough dough then place the mixer on a medium speed and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Add the softened butter cube by cube and mix until it is fully combined and the dough is smooth again. It is ready when it comes cleanly off the sides of the bowl and you can stretch a gluten window in it.
- Let the dough rise in a warm, humid place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough down and shape it as you please into a loaf tin.
- Loosely cover the tin and set aside to rise until doubled in size. (about 2-2and half hours).
- When the loaf is nearly ready, preheat the oven to 180°C Fan (200°C / Gas 6) and gently brush it with some of the glaze.
- Bake the brioche for 20 minutes then brush it with more of the glaze, turn the oven down to 160°C Fan (180°C / Gas 4) and bake for a further 25-30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 94°C on a probe thermometer. If you don't have a thermometer then a skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean.
- Once your brioche is out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes (patience is key for this recipe, sorry!) before taking it out of the tin to ensure it keeps its lovely loafy shape!
- If you like your brioche super sweet, don’t hesitate to put another tbsp of sugar into the mix.
- If you fancy adding some chocolate chips, add 100g in between step 3 and 4.